A yeast infection, also known as Candida, is basically caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeast called Candida albicans. It can affect the ears, paws but can also develop on the skin on the abdomen, and beneath skin folds on certain dog breeds.
Factors that can increase the risk of getting a yeast infection are stress, chronic health conditions, diabetes, use of steroids and antibiotics.
Some of the signs of a yeast infection are itching, burning or swelling in and around the affected area. The paws and ears can also have a foul smell. There are many simple home remedies that can eliminate the infection in a relatively short time.
Here are some home remedies for yeast infections.
Lactobacillus acidophilus, a “friendly” strain of bacteria present in kefir, can control the growth of infection in the body. For treating a yeast infection, only use plain, unsweetened goat milk kefir.
2. Coconut Oil
Organic unrefined coconut oil has effective antifungal properties that can kill the fungi responsible for yeast infections.
· Externally apply the organic coconut oil on the affected areas three times a day.
· You can also make a mixture of equal amounts of coconut oil and a few drops of either melaleuca essential oil, protective blend essential oil or cinnamon essential oil. Apply it on the affected skin area to control the growth of the infection. For information on the how to get the certified pure essential oils contact us.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Organic Apple cider vinegar contain some distinctive components that can control a yeast infection and get rid of the fungi causing it. Use organic apple cider vinegar with the pet.
· Mix two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar (apple cider vinegar should be murky brown in color) and put it on the dogs food twice daily for a few days. (Most dogs don’t mind.)
· Make a natural dog shampoo with apple cider vinegar. Soon the skin irritation and itching will lessen. The recipe is on my site in the Recipe section.
· You can dilute apple cider vinegar with plain water and then apply it externally on the affected skin area. Leave it on for half an hour and then rinse it off with water. I add in witch hazel for it is an astringent which will help control the yeast.
Cranberries contain both antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be used to fight the fungi responsible for yeast infections. It can also treat urinary tract or any other kind of bladder infections.
· You can take cranberry tablets daily. Cranberry tablets are readily available at a natural health store or at your holistic veterinarian’s office.
new blog posts on developing site www.pawsitivewellnesscenter.com
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.